Website development has become an industry of its own, and many businesses are looking for professionals who can make them a nice website. The better the website for a product is, the higher the chances of people entering it, translating to more traffic. There are steps that someone needs to take if they wanted to create a good website, and it does not rely solely on the design elements. Many website creators consider different factors in creating a good website. Combining these factors would result in a good website that will be visited by a lot of people. The following list demonstrates the major factors that a web developer should consider if they wanted to create a good website.
- Think of a catchy name for the domain name. The domain stands as the address for the website, and people who are visiting the website that you created would see the domain on the URL bar. Many companies provide domains that can be purchased for as low as $10 per year, but it depends on how in demand or simple the URL is. For example, cats.com might have higher pricing compared to unusually long URLs like exclusivelyforcatloversonly.com. You should think about a unique name for your brand so that it would not be difficult to search for a domain name later on. Try to experiment and enter the URL you are thinking of on the URL bar and search if there is already an existing website that uses it.
- Design your website without too many eyesores. The next step in creating a good website is designing it in a professional way. Many people do not have a background in website design, thus, they seek help from professionals who have studied how to do it. However, if you have a little knowledge of creating a website and do not want to spend money on it, you can actually design it by yourself. You need to consider first what colors should be applied on your website, or what the main theme would be. Think of complimentary colors, and apply it on the website you are creating. You also need to consider the color of the background and the text and make sure that it is readable. Think about the media that you will be inserted on the page, like photos and videos, and make sure that it is neatly aligned. Websites with a lot of media on the page can look cluttered and it would leave a bad taste with the visitors.
- Create good content that will be displayed on your website. This is the primary reason why people visit your website – good content. If you create good content, people will start flocking into your website and they will consider the information valuable. Creating good content is the sole reason why the SEO (search engine optimization) industry exists, and why companies are paying people to create good content on their website. The better the content is, the higher their ranking on a search engine will be and research has already proven that people will more likely visit a website that sits on the top of the search results. This is the spot coveted by a lot of businesses, and they will do everything to get to the top.
- Link all possible social media accounts on the website. This is a must if you want to have a good website; you need to provide links to all your other social media accounts. The battle for today’s world is all about promotion using different websites, and a marketing strategy covering other social media platforms would end up as the winner. Those who create websites that include their social media accounts from Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram will have a higher chance of being followed by hundreds of people who visit their website. It is a marketing strategy in itself; building your traffic as you post different social media accounts on your website.
- Finally, you need to constantly engage with your readers. Make sure that you will leave a reliable way on how your readers can contact you, especially if they have questions. The contact information about your website can be displayed in a separate page, and it should be easily found within the website to make it easier for your readers to send you a message.