If you have a new business, you have to know that having a website nowadays is important. Having an excellent website can be good for your business. Your company can improve its digital footprint with an efficient website.
You should make your URL catchy. Just make sure your business name is in it. Here are the essential features your business website should have.
- A well-thought-out sitemap. Of course, everyone wants their website to be attractive. However, you have to make sure it is useful as well. Consider SEO (search engine optimisation) when building your website. This strategy can help your website increase the number of visitors, resulting in a high-ranking placement in search engines.
- Contact information. It is one of the most crucial pieces of business information you must have on your website. You can put your physical address, email and phone number. For your email, make sure you use your own domain. This section of your website is important to make it easy for your potential clients to get in touch with you.
- Key business information. Do not neglect the basic information about your business. Depending on what kind of business you have, you should inform visitors what your business is all about or what your business offers. Keep your mission statement short but interesting, and eye catching.
- Simple navigation. Without clear navigation, a website will be incomplete and useless. Keep the names for the different pages for your site straightforward and logical. Being too cryptic or clever might turn off your visitors.
- Good security. This is especially useful if you sell online. Securing your site with an SSL certificate is a must. This will ensure that the personal data or credit card information of your clients is safe.
- Integrating social media on your site. This can also boost your SEO, build your following and improve your digital footprint. Social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and a lot more can help market your business. Almost everyone has a social media account, so they can easily find your business website one way or another.
- Frequently asked questions. We all know that everyone has questions. You can gather the questions, concerns and feedbacks you receive by email. Put up the most frequent ones on your website and answer them in a concise and clear manner.
- Excellent hosting. Having good hosting can be more expensive, but you will be able to benefit from it in the long run. A slow site is frustrating for visitors. You need your site to be maintained and have round-the-clock assistance.
For a more efficient website, you can seek professional help from specialists, such as experts in web design Oxford offers, and see your business prosper.