Unitree Robotics released its latest industrial quadruped robot, the B2, with impressive performance improvements.
Unitree B2 Features
The B2 is the fastest known industrial quadruped robot on the market, with a running speed of over 6 m/s and a maximum jumping distance of 1.6m.
B2 has a maximum load capacity of 120 kg and can continuously walk with a load of 20 kg for more than 4 hours, covering a distance of more than 15 km.
The Unitree B2’s powerful joints provide increased flexibility and stability for industrial operations.
Additionally, B2 is designed to traverse various terrains and can easily overcome obstacles.
The B2’s perception capabilities, combined with sensors such as LIDAR 3D and depth cameras, allow it to adapt to its environment and perform tasks more safely and efficiently.
Unitree sayts it expects the B2 to be widely used in industries such as industrial automation, electrical inspection, emergency rescue, and education and research.
The robot’s high performance and versatility will improve work efficiency, reduce labor costs, and mitigate risks and hazards.
Unitree Robotics is a cutting-edge robotics company that has gained prominence in the field of quadrupedal robots. Founded in 2017 and headquartered in Hangzhou, China, the company has quickly become a leader in developing highly advanced, versatile, and agile four-legged robots.
Unitree’s mission is to bring innovative robotics solutions to multiple industries, including research, education, entertainment, and industrial applications.
One of the most notable creations from Unitree is the Laikago series, which includes the Laikago and Laikago Pro.
These quadrupedal robots exhibit remarkable stability, mobility, and agility, showcasing impressive dynamic walking and running capabilities. With their customizable payload capacity, these robots have found applications in research and development across various fields, including artificial intelligence, computer vision, and robotics research.
Unitree Robotics also made its mark in the entertainment industry, where their quadrupedal robots have been featured in shows, exhibitions, and even music videos, demonstrating their versatility and appeal to a broader audience.
Beyond entertainment, Unitree’s robots are finding applications in industrial scenarios, such as inspection, surveillance, and logistics, where their mobility and adaptability can provide significant advantages.
The company continues to innovate and expand its product lineup, aiming to make quadrupedal robots more accessible and practical for a wide range of applications.
The Unitree B2 is the company’s latest robot, and currently the fastest known industrial quadruped robot on the market.
B2 Key Takeaways
- Unitree Robotics’ latest industrial quadruped robot
- Significant performance improvements.
- Fastest known industrial quadruped robot, with a running speed of over 6 m/s
- Maximum jumping distance 1.6m.
- Maximum load capacity 120 kg
- Can continuously walk with a load of 20 kg for over 4 hours, covering more than 15 km.
- Powerful joints provide increased flexibility and stability
- Unitree B2 Can traverse various terrains and overcome obstacles.
- Perception capabilities and sensors, such as LIDAR 3D and depth cameras mean B2 can adapt to its environment and perform tasks more safely and efficiently.
- Applications in industrial automation, electrical inspection, emergency rescue, and education and research sectors.